Our GSD Ed Tech Tuesdays professional development sessions for teachers continue in October 2019. Join us at the GEC on October 1, 2019 or at the TLC on October 15, 2019 to dig into two incredible digital libraries available to Granite students and teachers.
Utah’s Online Library is one of the best but most underutilized resources available to Utah teachers. We’ll explore many of the incredible resources for research and lesson design available in UOL.
If your or your students are looking for eBooks, our collection in Sora has many titles available. We’ll show you how to make the most of Sora.
If these topics don’t fit your needs or you can’t make it this Tuesday, we have numerous other sessions throughout the year. Classes are held on the first Tuesday of each month at the Granite Education Center (Room D-228, on the second floor of the five-story building) and on the third Tuesday of each month at the Technology Learning Center in West Valley City. Future session topics:
- Strategies for Developing Computational Thinking Skills (November 5 or 19)
- Integrating Digital Citizenship and Digital Literacy Skills (December 3 or 17)
- Personalized Learning (January 7 or 21)
- Adobe Creative Cloud Tools for Photography and Images: Photoshop & Lightroom (February 4 or 18)
- Adobe Spark (March 3 or 17)
- Design Thinking (April 7 or 21)
Additionally, we are offering a Makerspace series on the second Tuesday of some months.