Listed below are the different benefit plan options available to contract GSD employees.
Benefit Booklet & Instructions
Summary Plan Description (SPD) is the primary vehicle for informing participants about their rights and benefits under their employee benefit plans.
Summary Benefits and Coverage (SBC) is a document intended to help people understand their health coverage.
GSD gives you the option to choose between 2 different carriers Select Health and Regence BC/BS. To learn more about these carriers and the plans offered please click on the link below.
NOTE: Dependent children pregnancy is not a covered benefit under Granite’s medical plans.
- Regence BC/BS | 866-240-9580| Regence Website
- Select Health | 801-442-5038 | Select Health Website
Dental coverage is a copay plan that is fully funded by the employees.
- Dental Select | 801-495-3000 | Dental Select Website
- Dental Plan Information (PDF)
- Gold High Medium Copay Plan (PDF)
- Gold High Copay Plan (PDF)
Vision coverage offers discounts on glasses or contacts. A free eye exam is covered under the medical plan.
- Opticare Of Utah | 800-363-0950 | Opticare of Utah Website
- Vision Plan Information (PDF)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
FSA allows you to put pre-tax money into a special fund to pay for medical expenses that typically are not covered on your medical plan. This is a “USE IT” or “LOSE IT” program in which unused funds for the year would be lost.
- National Benefit Services |801-532-4000 | National Benefit Services Website
- FSA Plan Information (PDF)
The district pays one times an employees salary as a basic life insurance. The employee has the option of choosing additional voluntary coverage.
- Voluntary Life Insurance Premiums automatically adjust on your birthday in 5 year increments.
- Lincoln Financial Group|800-423-2765| Lincoln Financial Website
Short/Long Term Disability
Disability benefit provides a partial payment of lost income due to employees illness or injury. Short Term Disability is provided by Granite School District. Long Term Disability is provided through a third party vendor LifeMap.
- Teachers LTD – SPD (PDF)
- Classified & Secretaries LTD – SPD (PDF)
- Admin & Middle Managers LTD – SPD (PDF)
- LifeMap | 800-794-5390| LifeMap Website
- STD Memorandum (PDF)
Voluntary Accident/Critical Illness/Hospital Plans
Group voluntary accident coverage from MetLife Benefits pays cash benefits for expenses associated with an accidental injury and can help protect hard-earned savings should an off-the-job accidental injury occur.
Group Voluntary Critical Illness coverage from Allstate Benefits pays a lump-sum cash benefit to help you cover the out-of pocket expenses associated with a critical illness.
Group Hospital Coverage to help with those unexpected hospitalization expenses that may not be covered under your medical plan.
This is a voluntary program in which if an employee who is a member of the Welfare Association passes away. GSD will deduct $5 one time only from your next paycheck to donate to the beneficiaries of that family.
You must be logged in to post a comment.