2018 Benefit Booklet & Instructions
Summary Plan Documents (SPD)
ERISA requires virtually every employee benefit plan to have a summary plan description (SPD). The SPD is the primary vehicle for informing participants about their rights and benefits under their employee benefit plans.
Summary Benefits and Coverage (SBC)
SBC is a document intended to help people understand their health coverage. The federal government requires all healthcare insurers and group health plan sponsors to provide this document to plan participants.
GSD gives you the option to choose between 2 different carriers Select Health and Regence BC/BS. To learn more about these carriers and the plans offered please click on the link below.
- Regence BC/BS | 866-240-9580 | https://www.regence.com/web/regence_individual/
- Select Health | 801-442-5038 | http://selecthealth.org/Pages/new.aspx
Dental coverage is a copay plan that is fully funded by the employees.
- Dental Select | 801-495-3000 | https://www.dentalselect.com/
- Dental Plan Information
- Gold High Medium Copay Plan
- Gold High Copay Plan
Vision coverage offers discounts on glasses or contacts. A free eye exam is covered under the medical plan.
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
FSA allows you to put pre-tax money into a special fund to pay for medical expenses that typically are not covered on your medical plan. This is a “USE IT” or “LOSE IT” program in which unused funds for the year would be lost.
The district pays one times an employees salary as a basic life insurance. The employee has the option of choosing additional voluntary coverage.
Short/Long Term Disability
Disability benefit provides a partial payment of lost income due to employees illness or injury. Short Term Disability is provided by Granite School District. Long Term Disability is provided through a third party vendor Aetna.
- Aetna | 866-326-1380 | https://www.aetna.com/
- STD-LTD Plan Information
- STD Memorandum
- LTD – Administrators & Middle Managers Benefit Plan
- LTD – SOB Administrators & Middle Managers
- LTD – Classified and Secretarial Benefit Plan
- LTD – SOB Classified & Secretarial
- LTD – Teachers Benefit Plan
- LTD – SOB Teachers
Voluntary Accident/Critical Illness Plans
Group voluntary accident coverage from Allstate Benefits pays cash benefits for expenses associated with an accidental injury and can help protect hard-earned savings should an off-the-job accidental injury occur. Group Voluntary Critical Illness coverage from Allstate Benefits pays a lump-sum cash benefit to help you cover the out-of pocket expenses associated with a critical illness.
- Allstate | 303-335-8463 | https://www.allstate.com/supplemental-health-insurance/accident-disability.aspx
- Allstate Accident Insurance Flyer
- Allstate Critical Illness Flyer
This is a voluntary program in which if an employee who is a member of the Welfare Association passes away. GSD will deduct $5 one time only from your next paycheck to donate to the beneficiaries of that family.