Granite’s OverDrive Digital Library provides students and teachers with access to a large library of popular ebooks and audiobooks for independent, recreational, or teacher-assigned reading. These books can be read on a computer or checked out and downloaded to a wide array of mobile devices via the OverDrive Media Console apps. OverDrive is currently available to all students and teachers grades 7-12, and is also being piloted at several elementary schools for the 2014-15 school year. Students log in to OverDrive by choosing their school name and using their student number. Teachers and staff members log in by choosing “Teachers” as their school name and entering their district computer username and password.
Destiny is the library catalog system for all school libraries in Granite School District. To access Destiny, follow the link above and then choose your school from the list. Click on the Catalog tab to search for books and materials available your school’s library, as well as digital resources such as OverDrive ebooks and audiobooks, SAFARI Montage videos, information from online databases, and more.
When students and teachers log in with their district username and password, they can also place holds on materials, view their due dates and fines, create resource lists, post reviews, and recommend books to fellow students within in their school.
For more information and help with Destiny, please check out the resources below or ask your school librarian or media assistant:
- Now Registering For Summer Technology Classes: iPad Projects
- Now Registering For Summer Technology Classes: Microsoft Office For Elementary Teachers
- A Math Website That Helps Answer the Question, “When Will I Ever Use This In Real Life?”
- A Recap Of Monthly Website Gems Featured In Our 2013-2014 School Year Newsletters
- Find Helpful Training Materials Here If You Have a My.UEN Classroom Website
- Find Helpful Training Materials Here If You Have a Weebly Classroom Website